Friday, April 20, 2012

Condolences


It came as a huge shock to me that the young man killed by a great white shark at Kogelbaai yesterday was the nephew of a great freediving friend of mine. I offer my deepest condolences to him and his whole family.
As my girlfriend Lesley Rochat works daily on all shark related issues I have been very close to the news as the story unfolded, it was with great shock then that I received an email from a close friend expecting our usual banter only to find that the victim was his nephew.

Further to that it has been very interesting, annoying and enlightening for me to observe a lot of very outspoken characters on the shark issues scurrying for their holes in the light of what has happened.

All of this has further strengthened my resolve for the campaign Lesley and I are about to launch!

Due to the change in weather in Cape Town over the past two weeks I have reduced pool training. Kind of wrapping myself up and just trying to leave the Cape in one piece without a bug! I will be leaving Cape Town on 2 May, heading north.

No comments: