Thursday, April 26, 2012

End of the (long)LINE!

This has been one heck of a week, I always knew Lesley was efficient, but I actually had no idea until I started working so closely with her on a project, the woman is a FORCE!
I have had to cancel three training sessions this week as there is simply too much to do before I leave on Tuesday next week. No worries though, I am enjoying the break, Maik my swim coach is a little concerned and has told me to switch off, which I will do soon. Difficult thing to do though since this whole project is about so much more than any dive I have ever been involved in. To make a campaign run takes so much more than I would ever have imagined, I have a huge new found respect for all serious campaigners.
In between that I am running around Cape Town collecting the bits and pieces that I still need to take with to Durban. In the pic on top I am busy selecting a rope, it is serious business buying the right rope, it must be highly visible, strong, low stretch, good grip, low friction (yes, try work that one out!), UV resistant to last.
This evening I will get my counter-ballast back, it has been sent in for galvanizing and powder coating, I never even knew you could powder coat after galvanizing! Lesley has been working around the clock with so many things and it is one deadline after another, I don't know how she found the time to still do the artwork for my van which I will be taking on the road trip to the schools along the coast as I travel north to Durban. Charmaine is working on the arrangements with the schools we will be visiting and Terry is sorting out all the details and logistics for the educational and presentation aspect of the trip.
Below is a profile of my very last dive in Blue Rock which I did this past Sunday. I am really testing it out myself so that I have it all worked out for when I get to Durban.

 Blue Rock is a freshwater lake, so the actual depth here is a few metres more than indicated on the gauge, and we are limited to 46 or 47m (depending on where you land  on the bottom), so I either do partial exhale dives here or like this dive, spend some time on the bottom. This is a dive I have been doing for years, I am not sure how many times I have done it in the past 7 years since Blue Rock came onto my radar, but I love it!

No comments: